Beginners Basic Solaris 10 Computer Operating Systems Free PC Training
This beginners free computer basic skills training today will be all about Solaris 10 computer operating system (OS). I assume that you know what computer operating systems are and what they do on your PC? But just in case you don’t know what it is, let me briefly discribe it for you in our computer basic training skills lesson today, lets take a look at the true meaning of Computer Operating System. In its basic form, the definition of an operating system is as follows: a set of computer programs that manage the hardware and software resources of a computer system. We can add to that definition to say that an operating system rationally processes electronic devices in response to approved commands.
Solaris 10 is a computer operating system developed by Sun Micro Systems and is certified as a version of UNIX. Although historically Solaris 10 was a closed source program, it has since been open sourced by Sun. It is now one of the single largest open source projects in the community, and continues to grow in features, members and applications.
In the early 1990’s, Sun replaced their BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) derived Sun Operating System 4 with a version of UNIX System V Release 4. This was jointly developed with AT & T. The basic release name was Sun OS 5.0, but a new marketing name was introduced at the same time: Solaris 2. While Sun OS 4 micro releases were retroactively named Solaris 1 by Sun. The name Solaris is almost exclusively used to refer to SVR4-derived Sun OS 5.0 and later. Does all these terms sound ‘French’ to you? never mind, as soon as improve on your computer beginners basic skills knowledge, you’ll so get to understand each computer term very well.
Solaris is considered to be the Sun OS operating system plus a graphical user environment – ONC + along with other components. The Sun OS minor version is included in the Solaris release name. After Solaris 2.6, Sun dropped the “2” from the name, so Solaris 7 incorporated Sun OS 5.7 and the latest release Sun OS 5.10 which forms the core of Solaris 10.
Do you know of someone that is still struggling with his or her computer Basic Skills Knowledge? We’ve got affordable series of Video Computer Training Lessons for computer beginners, specifically produced for computer beginners courses. It’s recorded on simple DVDs… so one can easily learn how to use a computer faster from a home DVD player… not even a PC is required to master computer basics any longer… You can visit this page by clicking on the link above, after reading this lesson about computer operating systems!
Sun Micro Systems Corporation has dubbed Solaris 10 as the most powerful operating system “on the planet”. They say that it boasts over 600 features that make it the most efficient, secure, and reliable operating system ever built. Here are some of the features they boast:
- Security – Solaris 10 includes some of the world’s most advanced security features, such as Process and User Rights Management, Trusted Extensions for Mandatory Access Control, the Cryptographic Framework and Secure By Default Networking that allow you to safely deliver new solutions, consolidate with security and protect mission-critical data.
- Observability – The Solaris 10 release gives you observability into your system with tools such as Solaris Dynamic Tracing (DTrace), which enables real-time application debugging and optimization.
- Execution – Solaris 10 presents indisputable performance advantages for database, Web, and Java technology-based services, as well as massive scalability, shattering world records by delivering unbeatable price/performance advantages.
- Platform Choice – Solaris 10 is fully supported on more than 800 SPARC-based and x64/x86-based systems from top manufacturers, including systems from Sun, Dell, HP, and IBM.
- Networking – With its optimized network stack and support for today’s advanced network computing protocols, Solaris 10 renders superior networking to most applications without modification.
- Data Management – Solaris 10 offers dramatic advances in file system and volume management by delivering virtually unlimited capacity and near-zero administration.
And these are only a few of the advantages Sun claims from Solaris 10. This could be the wave of the operating system future. And on that note, we conclude this free beginner computer basic skills training lesson on Solaris Operating System. I hope you enjoyed it? You can Vistit this page right now for your complete guide and step-by-step process on upgrading your PC. All you’ever need to know about various computer operating systems are on the eBook.